Theatrical-tour of Courtelary: "The wages of the Suze"
"This theatrical-tour through the bucolic village of Courtelary taught me about the working lives of the region's men and women in times gone by. Throughout the tour, the history told by the guide was interrupted by people appearing down the street telling everyday stories from the past. The tour of the Langel factory, which remains in exactly the same state as in 1917, was a wonderful end to this enjoyable journey back in time, full of surprises and opportunities to sample local produce."
"They came here to find work; you will make some incredible discoveries."
An actor, a guide, workers from the past and artisans from the present appear and disappear without warning in this theatrical tour of Courtelary. With humour and emotion, you will share in people's labours over the course of a show that travels through the centuries, taking a look at clock-making, harvesting and chocolate making.
Guided tours at fixed dates 2017
- Saturday 22nd of April 2017 from 2.10 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday 30th of April 2017 from 10.10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Saturday 10th of June 2017 from 9.10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 4.10 p.m. to 18 p.m.
- Saturday 26th of August 2017 from 2.10 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday 3rd of September 2017 from 10.10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2.10 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday 12th of November 2017 from 1.10 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Good to know
Duration: 2 hours
Price: CHF 20.00 adult / CHF 18.00 AVS, AI, student /
CHF 10.00 child 10-16 years old. Included snack.
Groups : date and price upon request, from 7 to 50 persons.
Booking: in advance, all year round at the tourism office.
DownloadFlyer wages of the Suze | PDF, 175 kB
Activities to combine with the theatrical-Tour | PDF, 46 kB
Jura bernois Tourisme
Place de la Gare 2
T. +41 (0) 32 942 39 42